The TRUE…and SIMPLE…Secret to Success!
Successful pest control marketing is not about doing any one big thing…it is about doing a thousand little things…and doing them all CORRECTLY.
If you’ve been a follower of mine for any length of time you’ve heard me say that more than once.Successful marketing of any business relies on creating successful campaigns and strategies that PROVE to be money makers…and then creating more of them.
Successful ad campaigns are like little money machines that always give you back more money than you put in.
The problem is…the vast majority of small business owners don’t know how to build the machines. So, they hire other people to build them for them. And the people they hire don’t know how to build them either. At least not the ones that really pay off big. And some of them don’t pay off at all. They break even at best.
We’ve all heard it said that, “You have to spend money to make money”. And that’s true…up to a point. But, by learning how the buyer’s mind really works and learning how to speak to it directly…you can make a lot of money by spending a little bit of money.
Another big problem with small business owners…including PCOs is this: They are AFRAID!
What are they afraid of?
They are afraid of…
• The unknown
• Being embarrassed
• Being criticized
• Trying new things
• Success (Yes…the thought of having more responsibilities, more employees, more vehicles, a bigger building, more clients, etc. literally scares the hell out of some people!)
But…the number one fear that almost ever person has…whether they are in business or not is…fear of POVERTY. And that is the reason many people are afraid of all of the above bullet points. In one way or another they can all be traced back to fear of poverty.
Even when we see people putting a dollar bill into a little machine and getting back two dollars…we are still reluctant to put one of our own dollars in the machine. The FEAR VOICE in our head says to us, “What if it doesn’t work this time. I’ll lose my dollar!”
And we listen to that voice…and we lose another great opportunity to find more success.
Sad but true.
There’s another old saying that goes something like this: “If you want to be successful simply watch what successful people do and go do it! If you want to fail, simply watch what failures do and go do it!”
Successful people tend to do the following:
• They work hard.
• They have a vision and a goal.
• They seek knowledge and better ways to do things.
• They read self-help books.
• They study business.
• They learn how to sell.
• They seek advice and counsel.
• They have mentors and coaches.
• They aren’t afraid to fail.
• They never give up.
• They always follow up.
• They maintain a positive mental attitude…even when things aren’t going well.
• They aren’t afraid to try new things.
• They accept responsibility for their failures and tend to give others credit for their successes.
Unsuccessful people tend to do the following:
• They tend to be lazy.
• They have no clear vision.
• They don’t set goals.
• They don’t read the right books.
• They don’t seek advice and knowledge from others (because they think they already know it all).
• They are deathly afraid to fail at anything…so they don’t try or risk anything.
• They are quick to throw in the towel and quit when something goes wrong.
• They have a negative mental attitude.
• They are afraid to try new things.
• They claim full responsibility for their successes and blame others for their failures.
Success in any small business…including pest control…is not rocket science. It is not brain surgery. It is a very simple thing to achieve…if you know how to do it. They problem with most people who start up a new business…whether online or brick & mortar…is that they DON’T know how to do it. And that is why 82% of them are gone by the end of the third year!
The best advice I can give you on how to create a GROWING, THRIVING, FUN…AND PROFITABLE business that practically runs itself is to simply learn how to do it. I don’t mean to sound flippant with that statement, but it really is as simple as that.
Things you should start doing NOW include…
• Seek out successful people who are ready and willing to help you.
• Become a student of business, both online and offline.
• Learn how to sell.
• Learn to navigate the internet.
• Learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
• Spend more time working ON your business and less time working IN your business.
• Learn to delegate.
• Hire people who are strong in the things YOU are weak in.
• Spend LOTS OF TIME on self- improvement and building a better YOU.
All of this might sound complicated and a little overwhelming…but it’s not. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. You get better at things by practicing them and doing them…one day at a time.
It is never too late to start doing better. If you are frustrated with slow business growth…or your business is growing but you’d like for it to grow a lot faster…there is a ton of FREE help for you to take advantage of.
One example is The Pest Control Marketing Podcast. http://www.PestControlMarketingPodcast.com
Another is the book, “Bottom Line: How To Grow A Pest Control Business!” It is also available FREE at http://HowToGrowAPestControlBusiness.com
Listen…if you’re a struggling small business owner you need to know one thing…you are NOT ALONE. There are multitudes of people just like me who have been there right where you are today. And we are all available to help you.
- You don’t have to make all the mistakes we made.
- You don’t have to land in all the pitfalls we found ourselves in.
- You don’t have to waste a ton of your hard earned dollars on marketing and advertising that doesn’t work.
- You don’t have to lose control of your business to some over-paid, under worked, disrespectful, disloyal, ungrateful employees who have you by the you-know-whats and there seems to be nothing you can do about it except tolerate it.
All you have to do is reach out.
Einstein said, “Nothing happens until something moves”.
So, get up and get moving now and you will reap the rewards later.
It really is as simple as that.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you’d like to have a conversation with me and learn all of the resources I have available to you, simply give me a call at 770-993-0004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have a conversation. It won’t cost you one penny and you will come away from the conversation with some great tools to get you started in a new direction for your future and the future of your business…I guarantee it!
To YOUR Success Always,
By: Hal Coleman, The Pest Control Marketer
Also check out: